Thursday, August 27, 2009

Week 3, new comm tech

New communication technologies are continuiously growing. Users start using communication technologies today are mostly as young as 12 years old. I've been using Facebook for friends, Myspace for music and Twitter to check on celebritys' every move. I've been using myspace since I was 13 years old. The most influence or motivation were from friends who have these websites and want to stay in contact. Privacy issues are not of concerns to me and I think websites such as Facebook and Google should collect information about their users for safety and backup. For example if there is a criminal group planning out criminal activities on the net, the website can keep the information as evidence. I would however encourage people to have a private profile to protect from certain users in the public network from viewing personal information about other users. Having a private profile does not stop the user from adding 'strangers' but it all comes down to how much you trust that person when you get to know them. I have one or two friends whom I've met on the internet, we'd chat and send messages but I never intend to meet them in person, especially if that person is from overseas. Even though some people might not turn out to be how you thought they'd turn out to be, you must remember that meeting people via cyberspace is not the same as meeting them in person. Misunderstandings might occur when chatting on the internet because you cannot see how the other person is reacting towards you. This is communication in my perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment